UK-based organic coffee and natural foods restaurant chain, Pret A Manger, launched an all-veg menu for Veganuary.
Starting January 5th, you will be able to walk into one of their locations and try one of their many new sandwiches or other food items from their vegetarian/vegan menu. According to Kent Live: “Pret A Manger is introducing more than 15 new veggie and vegan items to its menu this month, including veggie pots, breakfasts, soups and new drinks.”
According to Metro, people will also have the option to choose coconut milk when ordering their hot drinks.
Tens of thousands of people participate in Veganuary, so Pret is hoping to help change the diets of several people with their new menu. Here are all the food items that this menu has to offer:
- Rainbow Veggie Pot – Hummus, chantenay carrots, radishes, and mustard cress, £2.25
- Asian Greens Veggie Pot – Avocado, peas, edamame, and coriander with Asian-inspired dressing and a sprinkling of mixed sesame seeds, £2.25
Soups and Broths:
- Spiced Corn and Quinoa – A delicately spiced, Peruvian-inspired soup, with roasted cumin, coriander seeds, yellow chilli powder, and turmeric mixed with sweetcorn, cauliflower, red quinoa, coriander, and lime juice, £3.45
- Greens & Grains – Spinach, petis pois, broccoli, basil, leek, cavolo nero, onion and garlic, with coconut cream and vegetable bouillon, with brown rice, quinoa, buckwheat, and millet, topped with pumpkin seeds, £3.45
- Cauliflower and Chickpea Dahl – Cauliflower florets, green chickpeas, yellow split peas, lentils, and tomatoes simmered in a vegetable bouillon with ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric, cardamom, black onion seeds and chilli. Topped with coconut flakes. £3.45
- Mango Chia Pot – Dairy-free coconut yoghurt with chia seeds, diced mango, and pomegranate, £2.25
- Apple & Pomegranate Overnight Oats – Gluten-free oats soaked overnight with shredded apple, almond milk, apple juice, and cinnamon, topped with pomegranate seeds and shredded apple, £1.99
- Pret’s Coconut Porridge – The old Five Grain Porridge is getting scrapped in favour of this new porridge, made with gluten-free oats, red quinoa, and coconut milk, £2.65
Drinks (available from January 24):
- Hot Shot – A 110ml hot and spicy juice made with orange, turmeric, ginger, and cayenne pepper, £1.99
- Matcha Green Tea – A combination of oolong, matcha, and white tea, £1.70
- Turmeric Tonic Tea – Organic ginger and turmeric with a touch of lemon and black pepper, £1.70
- Rooibos Cacao Tea – A blend of Rooibos, organic cacao, cinnamon, chicory, and coconut, £1.70
Pret is definitely reflecting the growth of the UK’s vegan population, as they recently featured a vegan sandwich for their Very Merry Christmas Lunch 2016 and even hosted a successful all-veggie pop-up. Vegans and vegetarians just keep on getting more and more excited about Pret’s offerings!
#pretamanger #veganuary #veganfood