Addasi is Persian style Lentils with potatoes. It is not only rich in protein, the added Turmeric powder gives it the added anti-inflammatory benefit as well.
It is very easy to make, popular with kids and super healthy.
TIP: I like to to first cook the lentils for about 5 minutes and then drain it to get rid of most of the grayish foam on top.
- 2 cups green lentils
- 4 medium sized yellow potatoes cut into bite sizes pieces – you can peel the potatoes if you like
- 3/4 – 1 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 2 Avocados
- Pinch of salt
- Rinse 2 cups of lentils, cover with enough water to stand about 3 cm over the lentils. Bring to a boil.
- After 5 minutes of boiling, drain the lentils to get rid of most of the foam, add more water and re-boil.
- Wash and peel 4 medium sized yellow potatoes. Cut into smaller chunks and add to lentils. Adjust water accordingly.
- After 15 minutes add 3/4 – 1 TBSP turmeric powder. Lower the heat to medium and cook until potatoes are done.
- Adjust salt to taste.
- I like to serve this with peeled and cut into bite size pieces of Avocados for added benefits.