Vancouver is one of the hottest destinations for vegans in Canada and North America. With more and more vegan-friendly restaurants opening throughout the city, it is easy for locals and travellers eating a plant-based diet to find many great dining spots.
Here are the top 3 vegan eateries you need to go to during your trip to the West Coast:
Heirloom is a very popular vegetarian/vegan restaurant. Located in Vancouver’s popular South Granville district, Heirloom offers several unique dishes full of different flavours and textures.
We highly recommend you visit this location for brunch/lunch.
Hours: Monday to Sunday: 9 am – late
Address: 1509 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V6H 3J2
Website: Heirloom Restaurant
– They do not take reservations on Friday nights, Saturday, for brunch and holidays.
– Their brunch menu is available until 3:45 pm.
– This restaurant is on the expensive side.
– Heirloom Hash (Brunch/lLunch menu) $18.95
– Tofu Huevos Rancheros (Brunch/Lunch menu) $19.95
– Avocado Tacos (Dinner menu) $14.95
– Heirloom Gomae (Brunch/Lunch and Dinner menu) $11.95/$17.95
– The Heirloom (Dinner menu) $20.95
2. Zend Conscious Lounge
Located in Yaletown, Zend Conscious Lounge is a must-see vegan hot spot. Featuring a 100% vegan menu, Zend serves food, drinks and smoothies that are plant-based and healthy.
Hours: Sunday to Thursday: 11 am to 10 pm.
Saturday: 11 am – late
Address: 1130 Mainland St, Vancouver, BC, V6B 2T9
Website: Zend Lounge
– Breakfast is served until 2 pm.
– Dishes are made for sharing.
– South East Asian Rice Rolls (Kitchen menu – Shareables) $13.95
– Triple Chocolate Torte (Kitchen menu – Desserts) $8.95
– Sprouted Grain Tabouleh (Kitchen menu – Sides + Additions) $5.95
– Garden Salad of Eden (Kitchen menu – Salads) $12.95
– Matcha Crepes (Kitchen menu – Breakfast) $14.95
3. The Acorn
The Acorn, located on Main Street, serves ambitious vegan and vegetarian dishes. Their food is colourful and full of fun flavours that everyone can enjoy.
Hours: Dinner – Sunday to Thursday: 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm. Friday and Saturday: 5:30 pm – 11:00 pm.
Brunch – Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 am – 2:30 pm.
Address: 3995 Main St, Vancouver, BC, V5V 3P3
Website: The Acorn Restaurant
– Their bar is open everyday until 12 pm.
– The menu they feature at the moment is their summer menu.
– Their dishes are on the expensive side.
– Brunch is served on weekends only.
– They only accept reservations for their family table, which seats 6 – 10 people. Groups under 6 people come on a first-come, first-serve basis.
– Kale (Brunch menu – Main) $12 / $18
– Beggars Banquet (Brunch menu – Main) $15
– Harvest (Dinner menu – Main) $20
– Lentil (Dinner main – Main) $18
– Beet (Dinner menu – Dessert) $12