Rice with Lentils
Also known as Adas Polo. If you like cinnamon and sweet food you will love this one.
Recipe type: Vegan
Cuisine: Modified Persian / Middle Eastern
- 4 cups of Rice prepared as per plain rice recipe
- 2 cups dried lentil - you can use about 1 cup if you prefer less lentil
- ½ cup of raisins
- Make the rice as in the recipe up to the point of draining it.
- While you are making the rice, make the lentils as per package instruction.
- One your rice and lentils are ready put the pot on medium high, add oil to cover the bottom and add a layer of rice, topped with lentils and sprinkle with cinnamon. Repeat the process in a pyramid shape fashion until your rice/lentils are finished.
- Make 3 holes in the rice mixutre all the to the bottom to let the steam out.
- Cover the lid and wait about 3-5 minutes to turn the heat down to low.
- you will let it be on low between 15 - 45 minutes depending how crispy you like the rice at the bottom get.
- While the rice is cooking, put about ½ cup of raisins in a pot, add tiny amount of oil and cook for a minute.
- Once you are ready to serve, add raisins on top of the rice as you wish.