Named one of the friendliest vegan cities by the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), London is known in the UK for its growing vegan dining scene.
In addition, England has been hosting several vegan events this year including a Beer Fest and London – as its capital – has been booming with several vegan restaurants. It has been a hot spot for vegan and vegetarian travellers alike!
Here are the top vegan eateries:
1. 222 Veggie Vegan
This is one of the most popular veg restaurants in London. Located in West London, they serve unique dishes for lunch and dinner. However, what makes this place that much more attractive to travellers and locals is that nothing there is microwaved or deep fried. In addition, they also serve food that is non-GMO and organic whenever possible.
Hours: Lunch – Monday to Sunday: 12:00 pm to 3:30 pm. Dinner – Monday to Sunday: 5:30 pm to 10:30 pm.
Address: 222 North End Road, West Kensington, London, W14 9NU
Phone: 020 7381 2322
Website: 222 Veggie Vegan
– You can make a reservation by calling them.
– Lunch is a buffet.
– Wheelchair accessible.
– Food is not expensive.
This restaurant offering veg food has been serving many people since 1966. They offer seasonal menus full of delicious and beautifully presented food. While they are mainly a vegetarian restaurant, you can ask your waiter if they have any vegan “versions” of these delicious-looking dishes, or you can select a vegan option from their menu.
We highly recommend you make a reservation as they are usually busy.
Hours: Lunch – Tuesday to Friday: 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm. Dinner – Tuesday to Friday: 6:30 pm to 10:00 pm. Saturday: 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Full menu – 12:00 pm to 8:30 pm.
Address: 4 Erskine Road, Primrose Hill, London, NW3 3AJ
Phone: +44 (0)20 7722 8028
Website: Manna V
– They will be offering cooking classes in October, 2016.
– Has gluten-free options.
– Full liquor license, serving several vegan and organic wines.
– They serve weekend brunch.
– No smoking allowed.
– Closed on Mondays.
– You can make a reservation online or by calling.
– If your preferred reservation time is full, you can call or email them.
– Raw Maki Rolls (Lunch menu) £7 – *£8 on the Dinner menu*
– Falafel Burger and Fires (Lunch menu) £8
– Polenta Tart (Dinner menu – Starters) £8
– Organic Bangers and Mash (Dinner menu – Mains) £14
– Enchilada Lasagne (Dinner menu – Mains) £14
Andina is a fun restaurant that serves several innovative, Peruvian-inspired dishes, with vegan options. You can try Peruvian-inspired ceviches, street food, cocktails and even smoothies! This eatery is very popular amongst vegan locals and travellers, even though they are not a 100% vegan restaurant.
For vegan options, we would highly recommend you visit for lunch or dinner.
Hours: Monday to Friday: 8:00 am to 11:00 pm. Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 am to 11:00 pm.
Address: 1 Redchurch Street, Shoreditch, London, E2 7DJ
Phone: 020 7920 6499
Website: Andina London
– They serve breakfast and brunch.
– You can make a reservation of up to 6 people online.
– To make a reservation for 7 or more people, don’t hesitate to call or make a reservation for their Music Room.
– For their Peruvian Ice Cream & Sorbets, please ask for their current flavors. This dessert comes with 3 scoops.
– Ceviche de Palmitos (Main menu – Ceviche bar) £7
– Corn Cake and Avocado (Main menu – Classics) £7.5
– Tacu Tacu Quechua (Main menu – Steet Food) £6
– Chullo Salad (Main menu – Salad & Sides) £5
– Peruvian Ice Cream & Sorbets (Main menu – Desserts) £5