Glasgow is one of the most vegan-friendly cities in the UK. While it may not be the capital of Scotland, it certainly boasts many vegan and veg-friendly restaurants, making it very easy to travel and live there as a vegan. In 2013, the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) named Glasgow the most vegan-friendly city in the UK, and there are many reasons why we agree from their vegan dining scene to vegan events. Travelling to Glasgow any time soon? Here is our list of must-try restaurants in this historical European city:
Dubbed one of the most popular restaurants in Glasgow, Mono features artistically-plated vegan food resembling meaty dishes. They also host events several times a year and play live music.
Hours: Kitchen: Open every day from 12:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Bar: Sunday to Thursday – 11:00 am to 11:00 pm and Friday and Saturday – 11:00 pm to 1:00 am.
Address: 12 Kings Court, Glasgow G1 5RB, UK
Phone: 0141 553 2400
Website: Mono Cafe Bar
– Bookings for over 10 people require a deposit.
– They serve a variety of gluten-free dishes.
– Seitan Burger (Main menu) £9.50
– To-fish n’ chips (Main menu) £8.50
– Hummus Salad Warp (Sandwiches/Salads menu) £7.00
– Banh Mi (Sandwiches/Salads menu) £7.00
– Raw chocolate and avocado cheesecake (Desserts menu) £5.00
Picnic considers themselves a “stylish plant based cafe with a focus on healthy eating.” They boast a colourful and airy atmosphere and serve all-vegan, homemade food.
Hours: Monday to Saturday – 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Sunday – 10:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Address: 103 Ingram St, Glasgow G1 1DX, UK
Phone: +44 (0) 141 552 8788
Website: Picnic Cafe
– They offer breakfast, lunch and snacks.
3. The Hug and Pint
Looking to dine somewhere with a funky vibe? Check out The Hug and Pint, who are both a vegan eatery and bar and consider themselves a “music venue” in the West End area of Glasgow. Their menu is inspired by Asian cuisine and they feature many live music shows with a goal to provide “The Friendliest Atmosphere in Scotland.”
Address: 171 Great Western Rd, Glasgow G4 9AW, UK
Phone: +44 (0) 141 331 1901
Website: The Hug and Pint
– Kids are allowed at the restaurant so long as they are accompanied by a responsible adult.
– You can make a reservation.
– If you would like a high chair for your child, then you’ll need to request one while booking your reservation.
– Jackfruit Curry
– Pickled Papaya Salad
– Coconut Soup
– Black Pepper Aubergine
4. Soy Division
Looking for a place where you can eat a fulfilling breakfast to start your day? Head on over to Soy Division, who serves all-vegan food and baked goods.
Hours: Tuesday to Friday – 11:00 am to 7:00 pm. Saturday – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Sunday – 11:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
Address: 51 Kilmarnock Road, Glasgow G41 3YN, UK
Phone: +44 7702 027676
Website: Soy Division Facebook
5. The 78
The 78 is a sister venue of vegan restaurant Stereo. They are a dog-friendly, all-vegan restaurant and bar featuring pub food, making it the perfect place to sit down for a meal during your trip. Hours: Monday to Wednesday – 12:00 pm to 12:00 am. Thursday to Sunday – 12:00 pm to 1:00 am.
Address: 10-14 Kelvinhaugh St, Glasgow G3 8NU, UK
Phone: +44 0141 576 5018
Website: The 78 Cafe Bar
– They offer outdoor seating during the summer.
– There is a service charge of 10% on tables of 6 people or more.
– Students get a 10% discount on food with ID, and 20% off on Tuesdays.
– Kitchen closes at 8:45 pm!
– Classic 78 Burger (Main menu) £6.40
– Mezze Platter (Main menu) £8.90
– Nachos (Main meu) £7.35
– Chocolate and Hazelnut Brownie (Dessert menu) £4.50
– Fig and Date Sticky Toffee Pudding (Dessert menu) £3.90
6. The V & V Cafe
— Greencity Wholefoods (@GreenCityCoop) August 5, 2017
The V & V Cafe is a vegetarian restaurant that serves vegan-friendly options. Whether you come for breakfast or lunch, your palate will be pleased with the dishes this cafe has to offer.
Hours: Monday and Wednesday to Friday – 7:30 and to 4:30 pm. Saturday – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Sunday – 9:00 am to 4:30 pm. Closed Tuesdays!
Address: 481 Great Western Rd, Glasgow G12 8HL, UK
Phone: 0141 237 7902
Website: The V & V Cafe