Here’s an easy and delicious vegan ramen recipe from Carrots & Flowers.
Easy Vegan Ramen
Easy and delicious vegan ramen recipe.
Author: Carrots & Flowers
Recipe type: Main Course
Cuisine: Vegan, Asian
- ¼ cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 4 cups mushroom broth
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp miso
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 4 tsp sesame oil, divided
- 2 tsp chili oil
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 6 oz Japanese ramen noodles
- 14 oz extra firm tofu
- 2 tbsp soy sauce of tamari
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1½ cups mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup corn
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce of tamari
- ¼ cup scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp chili oil per bowl
- Press as much water as you can from the tofu while maintaining its shape. Cut tofu into blocks, about 1 inch by 1 inch in size.
- Place the tofu in a small bowl. Add the cornstarch and 2 tbsp of tamari or soy sauce and coat evenly. Bake the tofu on a sheet lined with parchment paper at 400F for approximately 20 minutes. Flip halfway through.
- While the tofu is baking, fill a pot with water and bring to a boil. Add the ramen noodles and cook according to instructions found on the package. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp sesame oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add the mushrooms, corn and 1 tbsp of tamari or soy sauce. Cook for 3-4 minutes and mushrooms darken. When done, transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat 2 tsp sesame oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes, then place the contents inside a blender. Add the mushroom broth, sunflower seeds, miso, nutritional yeast, 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce, 2 tsp sesame oil, chili oil, red pepper flakes and minced ginger. Blend on high until the mixture forms a smooth texture (about 3 minutes).
- Heat the broth in a sauce pan until hot, then divide between 3 bowls. Add the noodles, tofu and vegetables to each bowl. Garnish with chopped scallions and ½ tsp chili oil. Enjoy!
Serving size: ⅓ Calories: 422 Fat: 17.5 g Saturated fat: 3 g Unsaturated fat: 9.9 g Carbohydrates: 47 g Sugar: 2.6 g Fiber: 4.9 g Protein: 22.3 g
Check out the full recipe at: Carrots & Flowers.