My brother emailed me the link to this recipe (link at the bottom) and I did some modifications to it.
My kids absolutely love this and trust me it is way better than the non-vegan version.
Best Vegan French Toast
Recipe type: Vegan Breakfast
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 cups of Almond Milk (I use silk brand which does not contain Carrageenan)
- 3 Tablespoon of Coconut Sugar
- ½ Tsp cinnamon
- ½ Tsp Vanilla extract
- 12-16 Slices of thin vegan bread (toast)
- Olive oil or Earth balance butter for rubbing on the grill
- 1 electric grill (you can also use the frying pan but the bread may stick to the pan)
- Fresh fruit such as berries to serve on top.
- Turn the grill on about 380 degrees.
- In a food processor puree bananas, coconut milk, almond milk, coconut sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow dish such as lasagna pan.
- Rub the grill with a little vegan butter / oil.
- Dip a sliced toast / bread into the mixture and put it on top of the electric grill. Once it starts getting some color turn over so the other side gets cooked as well.
- You need to pay attention as it may get sticky. I tried this on the oven but it got too sticky for me so I use the grill now.
- Serve this with fresh fruit on top.